Re: [opensuse-security] SuSefirewall - protect sshd

Hi,

--- Ron Joffe <rjoffe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
.
.
.

I also have some x86_64 servers since SuSE 10.1.
I always installed DenyHosts and the "spectrum" of
attacks or, better said, the IP distribution is indeed
showing something new.
Attacks are "smarter" made from several machines and
spaced in time.

However I still think that DenyHosts or any script
like that can easily surpass the IP distributed
attacks because the attacker needs an overwhelming
number of servers in order to be successful. And that
is simply not viable from an attacker perspective.
And of course this is only true if passwords are
robust...

Regards,
Pedro