Re: [opensuse-security] SuSEfirewall2- how can/does it work?

Yes . Thank you. Someone else pointed that out to me. The first statement refers to lo-local host. When I turned that off X windows couldn't talk to my localhost. I had a computer lockup on me and just before that I was getting possible syn flooding messages. I had my 6881 port statements in the wrong place. It seems that SuSEfirewall2 automatically checks for syn flooding for each port opened.