Re: [opensuse-security] SSH access refused for legitimate user under heavy load

Dear Bujdosó,
thanks for your reply.

> _If_ you think that the firewall is responsible for the timeouts you might
> take a look at your /var/log/firewall
In the firewall log, I have no entries for the machine from which the
connections were initiated (and refused to).  How should I interpret
this observation?

> Then you can look at
> /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2
> config file in the "FW_SERVICES_ACCEPT_EXT" section.
The hitcount/blockseconds identifiers do not occur in this file...

Should I investigate other paths than the firewall?  Any clues?

Thanks a lot for your advice,
Pieter