Re: [opensuse-security] Kernel Update for 11.1

On Fri, 15 Jan, 2010 at 16:11:41 +0100, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
> Marcus Meissner wrote:
> >
> > The timestamp is the one from the opensuse 11.1 update kernel, however
> > the 2.6.11.4-20a-default seems to come from somewhere else.
> > Does anything change the "uname" of your machine?
>
> AFAIK nothing changes the name of the machine.

I think Marcus was referring to the gyrations one sometimes has to perform
in order to compile stuff which uses the uname command to get the kernel
version, but misinterprets the result(?)

What do you get from

which uname

Does it report something else if you use the full path?

What's under /lib/modules?

/jon
--
YMMV