Re: [opensuse-security] Apparmor suggestion to include more profiles

Am 01.06.2016 um 02:16 schrieb Christian Boltz:
>> (...)
>> You´re right, SUSE never came with many really useful AA profiles.
>> On the other hand, in my mind you always need to change AA profiles to
>> meet your demands.
>
> Did you also need any changes in the profiles that are enabled by
> default? If so, please tell me - in many (not all) cases I consider this
> to be a bug in the profile ;-)

No, actually I never looked closer at the default profiles.... I´ve been
more keen on user space programms like Firefox, VLC etc. I guess on
desktop systems this may be the first doors an attacker would break into.

Where can you make suggestions for changes to default
profiles/abstractions? Here or bugzilla?

> I agree that it would be good to have a place where profiles can be
> shared, but I'm not sure if the wiki is a good place. The problem I see
> is that the wiki makes it too easy to do malicious modifications to a
> profile.

Can a certain wiki site not be restricted to allow only certain people
to post stuff?
Doesn´t openSUSE have a website that is run "normally" without wiki? So
people could show and discuss their AA profiles here on the list and an
admin looks over them and puts them on a static non-wiki web site?

> There are plans to setup a cross-distribution repo for profiles
> (I discussed this with some Debian people at last year's DebConf (...)

In the long run that would be best, so all Linux users can benefit, no
matter what distribution.

Regards