From: Jack [mailto:list-recv@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 05 December 2004 16:32
To: Elihu Smails; vuln-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: trusted solaris pen testing

There are two possibilities: either find out the trusted hosts, and take
their IP (DoS that box first) or go for the spoofing idea.

Spoofing is hard, especially on a switched network. I currently don't
know of any pre-written source that does this well. (I'm currently in
the process of writing my own). So, if you would like to undertake this,
you will probably need to write your own code.

Remember, if spoofing an IP on a switched network you will need ARP
spoofing in order to get the recieved packets.

Have fun,

-Jack C ("crEp")
http://www.crepinc.com/