Re: Buffer Overrun Newbie

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, James Longstreet wrote:

> If you have experience with Linux, or another Unix OS, I would suggest
> starting there.  If you don't want to install Linux, you can even run it
> in Bochs, QEMU, VMWare, etc.

If you need some help on Linux/x86 exploitation, i suggest you to take a
look here:

http://www.0xdeadbeef.info/code/linux-x86-exploits.tgz
http://www.0xdeadbeef.info/code/abo-exploits.tgz
http://www.0xdeadbeef.info/code/fs-exploits.tgz
http://www.0xdeadbeef.info/code/vulndev-exploits.tgz

Some of the examples may be a little outdated, but you'll get the ideas
behind the main exploitation techniques. I'm planning to add more code in
the near future, after i find enough free time to play a bit;)

Ciao,

--
Marco Ivaldi
Antifork Research, Inc.   http://0xdeadbeef.info/