Re: problem in bypassing stack randomization ("call *%edx" technique)

Modifying edx is theoretically possible via push/pop instructions..
But finding the needed opcode combination in linux-gate.so.1 is
(unfortunately) not possible.

$ ./got_opcode "pop edx" "call .edx"
[*] Searching for sequence 5a ff 12
[*] No matching opcodes were found in kernel.

On 20 Sep 2006 16:03:14 -0000, purelysp4m@xxxxxxxxxxx