[ISN] Billionaire Google Board Member Is Latest Victim Of "Guccifer" Hacking Rampage

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/hacking/john-doerr-hacked-by-guccifer-098742

The Smoking Gun
MARCH 21, 2013

Add a billionaire Silicon Valley titan to the growing list of public figures victimized by the hacker âGuccifer.â

Venture capitalist John Doerr had his AOL account breached several days ago by the same hacker responsible for illegally accessing the e-mails of Colin Powell, former White House aide Sidney Blumenthal, and assorted Bush family members (among others).

Doerr, 61, is a general partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, the powerhouse venture capital firm. Doerr, whose net worth Forbes pegs at $2.7 billion, has worked closely with firms like Google, Amazon, Twitter, and Groupon, and has been a member of Googleâs board of directors since May 1999.

Doerrâs AOL account was broken into last week by âGuccifer,â who sent unsolicited e-mails to TSG from the compromised account. âdo you like my new face?â the hacker wrote in one e-mail. âi wear glasses right now an I have 2 zillion + in my bank accounts:))â Doerr is pictured above.

[...]

Attend #HITB2013AMS April 8th - 11th in Amsterdam.
Featuring over 42 international speakers and keynotes
by Bob Lord and Edward Schwartz http://conference.hitb.org