[suse-security] harden_suse not maintained anymore?

Hi list!

Is harden_suse not maintained anymore?

>From the SuSE Linux 8.1 distro:

# head /usr/share/doc/packages/harden_suse/CHANGES
v3.5    12.06.01        (gamma release)
        * f*ck, I missed a / ... thanks to matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for
reporting

v3.4    10.06.01        (gamma release)
        * wont disable some special SuSE 7.2 stuff: CRYPTO_FILESYSTEMS
          IDLED, POWERTWEAKD, PPTPD, IJB, IPPL, ARGUS, etc.

v3.3    06.05.01        (gamma release)
        * wont disable SNORT, ADSL, NESSUSD and many many other things
now
          which either do not affect security or are security daemons

AND from /usr/lib/harden_suse/harden_suse-3.5.pl

line 4:
# Harden SuSE Linux 6.0 - 7.2, Perl Script by Marc Heuse
<marc@xxxxxxx>   #

line 38:
$MAX_SUSE_VERSION="7.2";

lines 67-73:
if ($suse_version > $MAX_SUSE_VERSION) {
   print STDERR "\007
WARNING: You seemed to have installed a SuSE version which is not yet
supported by this hardening script! (Verified to work with 5.3 up to
$MAX_SUSE_VERSION)
Try to get an update from ftp://ftp.suse.com or http://www.suse.de/~marc
Use at own risk!\n"
}

>From all this I conclude that it is not maintained anymore?
I used it to build a firewall and would like to use it again when
reinstalling it, but ...
Is Marc Heuse not working anymore at SuSE?
Is anyone maintaining his scripts?
At http://www.suse.de/~marc/SuSE.html the last updated script is from
the 8th January 2002!
No errors/corrections/todo's anymore?

Thanks for any info's, Richard

--
   Richard Ems
   ... e-mail: r.ems@xxxxxxx

   Unix IS user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.