Re: [suse-security] Tool to analyze firewall messages

> - Achim Hoffmann sent me a Perl-script for making a readable file out of
> /var/log/firewall. e.g.: (remove the CRs)

On that topic, I made something similar. It takes a line from the log
file (ipchains or iptables) and compresses the information into 80
chars per line. I find it invaluable when testing firewall rules, esp
the iptables output is just plain illegible. Good for getting a quick
overview too.

http://volker.dnsalias.net/soft/script/iplogfilter

It'll be added to the scriptutils package next time round.

Volker

http://volker.orcon.net.nz/		Please do not CC list postings to me.