Re: [suse-security] AmaVis or InterScan VirusWall

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 20:08, Thomas Lamy wrote:

> Personally I use amavisd, with AntiVir from H+B EDV (www.hbedv.de), trophie
> (http://www.vanja.com/tools/trophie/), an alternative frontend for
> TrendMicro's libvsapi shared library, and clamav
> (http://clamav.elektrapro.com/), a free scanner which uses OpenAV's
> (http://www.openantivirus.org) signatures, but is implemeted in C (openav
> is written in Java). All these in different combinations, and they all work
> very well.
> I must say that amavisd is a really outstanding piece of software, and can
> only recommend using it.

<shamelessplug>

If you only use the H+BEDV scanner (AntiVir), you can also use their
'avmilter' package. It is available for download on their homepage
(http://www.hbedv.com).

</shamelessplug>

Private, non commercial use is free with a key they send once registered
(you'll need a key anyway, even if you use 'amavisd' with AntiVir after the
evaluation period). I must admit I have no experience with 'amavisd', but
'avmilter' speeded up scanning significantly compared to 'amavis-perl'.

Arjen
--
51 N 25' 05.1" - 05 E 29' 13.3"