Re: [suse-security] AmaVis or InterScan VirusWall

On Wednesday 23 October 2002 10:03, Thomas Lamy wrote:

[ about amavisd ]

> The speed increase is enormous. I twice got 3000 Mails in one hour because
> we had an obscure mail loop; amavis (old) kicked the machine to death
> (flaky motherboard/RAM), on the same machine amavisd did it's job properly
> (with at least 3x throughput).

Ah! As I wrote, my only amavis experience comes from the amavis-perl version
as bundled in SuSE 8.0 Professional. I admit, the hardware it has to run on
is not the most sophisticated available in the market (old Pentium 133 from
the junkbox, 64MB). But as I only needed a mailserver for my family, I didn't
want to invest in a new server. The change to avmilter sure improved the
performance a lot. I wonder if SuSE 8.1 comes with amavisd, or still with the
slooooow amavis-perl version? This might just help me decide it is time for
another donation to SuSE and perform an upgrade...

Best regards,
Arjen
--
51 N 25' 05.1" - 05 E 29' 13.3"