Re: [suse-security] Chroot or not for vsftpd

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 06:31, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
[snip]

> a) run it as standalone
> b) use Marc Heuse's compartment to run it in a chroot environment
> c) use the ftpdir package of SuSE which is also in the chrooted
> environment where vsftd runs
>
> First of all is this overkill ? If not then I do not understand the
> following

Togan,

My understanding of Vsftpd is that it essentially runs chrooted out of
the box.  I know it has built-in and secure versions of ls, cd, and
other common commands so you don't have to set up a /bin or /lib
directory under your ftp root.

The vsftpd.conf file is well documented.

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+