Re: [suse-security] Disable netstat on FW

security wrote:

> I'm not using the inetd .
> in my  /etc/rc.config  : START_INETD="no"      (Suse 7.3)

No daemon will be stopped by just changing a rc.config variable.

If you want to find out, which program opened a socket, I would
recommend lsof. In your case enter "lsof -i :netstat" in a root
shell. Check the first column for a name, but that name can be
changed IIRC.

Peter
--
Please edit your messages using your brain:

no