Re: [suse-security] SuSE Security Announcement: postgresql (SuSE-SA:2002:038)

Hello Joerg,

> As i looked around, i found some strange things at:
>
> http://www.suse.de/de/security/
>
> Alot of SA (SuSE-Announcements) are published. BUT, many of the listed
> "pendings" still *NOT* published after more then 2-3 weeks or particular
> also more then one month !!!!
>
> For Example:
>
>         Announcement-ID:        SuSE-SA:2002:034
>         Date:                   Mon Sep 30 17:00:00 CEST 2002
>
> ...lists a lot of "pendings", which are not listet anymore (nor in newer
> Announcements, nor at "http://www.suse.de/de/security/";)
>

> Any comments around ? I'm still waiting for a "SuSE Statement"....

You have directed your questions to security@xxxxxxx (security contact at
SuSE). This clearly shows your confidence into the quality of the software
and our work as well as in our skills to handle the security issues in the
software that comes with SuSE products.

I must say that we are very grateful for this trust on behalf of our
users. We do our best to satisfy the high quality expectations; by
consequence, update packages are not published until we are certain that
they are fine. Limited resources sometimes mean that it takes longer.

However, there is a way out: If you need premium support for direct
assistance to specific problems, please feel free to contact
bsupport@xxxxxxx (URL: http://www.suse.de/de/business/services/support/index.html).

Especially our professional customers chose this option because it is less
expensive and worksome than fixing the (security) problems all by oneself.

> Greetings,
> --
> Jörg Henner                              Fon:  +49 (7 11) 48 90 83 - 0
> ETES - EDV-Systemhaus GbR                Fax:  +49 (7 11) 48 90 83 - 50
> Libanonstrasse 58 A * D-70184 Stuttgart  Web: http://www.etes.de

> Inflex - eMail Scanning and Protection
> Queries to: postmaster@xxxxxxx

Regards,