AW: [suse-security] Disable netstat on FW

> I'd like to disable the netstat service  on my FW machine .
> How to do it ?
I always thought netstat is a standalone program
that shows you information about your network
connections.
Okay, I saw an entry for netstat in /etc/services
and /etc/inetd.conf, so it seems as if the netstat
information really can be queried by other machines.
If netstat isn't run by inetd, but you are sure it is
running as a daemon, there must be a startup
script and symbolic links to this startup script in
the runlevel directories. So simply stop the netstat
process manually and remove the symbolic links.
Bye
	Uli
--
Ulrich Roth
IMPACT Business & Technology Consulting GmbH