Re: [suse-security] SuSEfirewall 2 port redirection / forced mail server

On Mit, 30 Okt 2002, Alexander Gretha wrote:

>i want to acomplish the following and wanted to know if its possible with
>susefirewall2/iptables:
>our company network is masqueraded by a susefirewall (all private ips). i
>want all users behind the firewall to use my external mailserver (is virus
>and spam protected), no matter what mailserver they have in their outlook
>express settings (i.e. port 25 has to be redirected). the redirect rules of
>susefirewall2 allow only for redirection to a local port on the firewall,
>but i don't want any services on the firewall. so i want to redirect to an
>external ip address (public ip).
>can this be done (or has it already been done by someone) ? any help
>appreciated.

Why not using an "store-and-forward" SMTP-Proxy, and/or just setup a
SMART/Relay-Host (which gets all outgoing mails), and the Users therefor
had only to connect to the "mailgate" which is located in the private-network
behind the firewall.

The firewall itselfs then only allows connections from/to the SMTP-Proxy to
the external mailserver (on port 25, of course).

Greetings,
--
Jörg Henner                              Fon:  +49 (7 11) 48 90 83 - 0
ETES - EDV-Systemhaus GbR                Fax:  +49 (7 11) 48 90 83 - 50