Re: [suse-security] OT:[suse-security] don't put'em togheter...

> One from http://slashdot.org/articles/02/10/30/1225251.shtml?tid=143:
> [snip]
> "SuSE Linux is developing a desktop Linux distribution that will allow
> Windows users to continue using (some of) their Windows applications,
> including Microsoft Office. The SuSE Linux Office Desktop will be
> available for $129 in January, and will include Acronis OS Selector
> for disk partitioning during installation and Codeweavers CrossOver
> Office for Windows API emulation."
> [snip]
> and two from http://www.wired.com/news/linux/0,1411,55989,00.html
> [snip]
> An attack on the software license behind the Linux operating system
> has stirred up a free software controversy in Washington.
> [snip]
>
> What's next? SuSEXP? Sorry, for this posting but I'm getting scared...

There is no way around being interoperable these days. SuSE will remain
what it is, it's just that products need to be adjusted to the world's
needs. These needs do not remain the same over time. Companies rely on
their data being readable, while the O/S selection is a question of second
rank.

You have posted two different links that arise two different questions. I
guess that Switzerland or Germany react somewhat differently than the US
to questions of whether free software harms economy. Put yourself into the
SuSE position: Why wouldn't you expect that massive efforts are underway
to keep you from becoming successful?

> --
>  .-.                        e-SecureNet
>  /v\       We Run SuSE      Project Manager
> // \\  *The LINUX Experts*  c/o Miguel Albuquerque
> /( )\                       Av. Miremont 46
> ^^-^^                       1202 - GE, SWITZERLAND

Congratulations!

Roman.
--
| Roman Drahtmüller      <draht@xxxxxxx> // "You don't need eyes to see, |