Re: [suse-security] netfilter nat bug; suse 8.0 kernel affected?

> > We fix remaining bugs. There are some that we don't want people to
> > experience, such as IDE hangs
>
> IDE hangs?!?!?
>
> maybe THAT is what kills my SuSE 8.0 all the time?
>
> Got a promise controller and a samsung 80Gig disk in my firewall/server.
> whenever my main box is in linux, suddenly everything stops. And I _DO_
> mean everything; both machines freeze in the very same moment. As long as
> my main box is on windows everything's fine.
>
> By now I think I traced it down to that ist started to happen shortly
> after I applied the glibc patch available in YOU...
>
> I'll reverse that one tonite and have another go at it.

The glibc update has nothing to do with it, if the whole machine hangs,
then it must be a kernel problem.

Please try Hubert's kernel RPMs from
ftp://ftp.leo.org/pub/people/mantel/next/RPM/ and see if it vanishes.
Do not forget mk_initrd and lilo.

It looks like we will publish a preliminary kernel set for testing
tomorrow or on Monday.

> bye,
> [MH]

Thanks,