Re: [suse-security] OT:[suse-security] don't put'em togheter...

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 08:29:50AM +0000, Marcel Erkens wrote:
> Why is it such a surprise that the US govt is against open source licensing?

It's not the US Govt that's against Open Source. In a way, the US govt
hasn't made up its mind yet about open source. But selling to the federal
government of the United States is a huge market, and the prospect of
Linux making inroads into that market has certain people very worried.
That is the point of the whole "controversy".

Back to our regularly scheduled security holes...

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch     |  Anyone who has had to work with X.509 has probably
okir@xxxxxxx   |  experienced what can best be described as