Re: [suse-security] OT:[suse-security] don't put'em togheter...

Hi,

Olaf Kirch wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 05:56:35PM +0100, Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
> >
> > answering myself, didn't have to go very far:
> > http://articles.linuxguru.net/view/198/?PHPSESSID=d1ad0635NjsF (Klez
> > works in WINE).
>
> This article is utter and complete baloney BTW. Even if you associate
> WINE with the ms-dos executable mime type, you will have to press
> return when asked whether to "open" the attachment using WINE.

well, there's no protection against stupidity...

> (And I very much doubt that Klez actually _works_ in WINE - they may
> have heard a whirring noise and seen WINE popping up. That doesn't
> mean it's actually propagating. To do so it would probably need some
> sort of mail configuration in its Windows sandbox).

Thanks for pointing it out, I'll do two things:

- read up more carefully
- keep my "disaster area" computer ready for trying it out next time
someone sends me one of those thingies.

BR,
Gudmund