Re: [suse-security] UDP wide open?!?!?

* Anders Johansson; <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx> on 30 Oct, 2002 wrote:
On Wednesday 30 October 2002 23.41, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
so having FW_ALLOW_INCOMING_HIGHPORTS_UDP="domain ntp" means nothing as
they are not >1023

It means incoming traffic on high ports *related* to dns or ntp. Just as a "passive ftp" ftp server accepts incoming high ports despite the ftp port being 21 which is << 1024

Sorry Anders but I can not make it from the script Where do you read
this in the code for this interpretation ? my understanding is the other
way around here you need to place ports >1023 Maybe I am mistaken
--

Togan Muftuoglu
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer