Re: [suse-security] SuSE 7.3

At 1:28 AM 10/2/03, Mathias Homann wrote:
>Am Donnerstag, 2. Oktober 2003 01:20 schrieb Roman Drahtmueller:
>> (someone) wrote:
>> > At what date SuSE 7.3 will be discontinued?
>> > I want to decide, if I do an upgrade on an old system.
>>
>> We're looking at mid November this year for the end of 7.3.
>

>With all updates installed, would it be 'safe' to keep a 7.3 box running, or
>should it be upgraded?

I've still got a SuSE 6.4 box running and on the 'net. Really, it depends
on what you use it for, and what you're willing to turn off, firewall, or
manually patch. Things get zen after a while.. or else you get hacked I
guess.

(And I just bought a copy of 8.2. But, that's still too patchy for me to
want to "open it up to the world".)

--

Fred Morris
m3047@xxxxxxxx