Re: [suse-security] Problem: permission bits changed on files automatically (SOLVED)

Ken:

On Friday 03 October 2003 10:08 am, Ken Schneider wrote:

> Let me guess, the permissions changed after a reboot. If that is the
> case look at the /etc/permissions.* files as that is where the
> permissions are set for many files.

Nope - that's not it, but your comment led me down a new path. Now that you
mention it, it happens after the On-Line update when SuSEConfig runs.

Guess what? I just had to change the setting of CHECK_PERMISSIONS in /etc/
sysconfig/security to "warn" rather than "set" and the problem is solved!

Thanks for your help, Ken.