Re: [suse-security] Problem: permission bits changed on files automatically (SOLVED)

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 10:38:41AM -0500, David C. Grosvold wrote:

> Nope - that's not it, but your comment led me down a new path. Now that you
> mention it, it happens after the On-Line update when SuSEConfig runs.
>
> Guess what? I just had to change the setting of CHECK_PERMISSIONS in /etc/
> sysconfig/security to "warn" rather than "set" and the problem is solved!

but anyway, SuSEconfig should not do anything in a $HOME. What user are we
talking about? root or a mere mortal? The only thing which would explain
this (to me) is some weird bind-mount or symbolic link into a home, but
this is pure speculation.

regards,

   Stefan
--
Stefan Seyfried

Senior Consultant community4you GmbH, Chemnitz, Germany.
http://www.community4you.de http://www.open-eis.com