Re: [suse-security] Secure dynDNS-Update with Router

Am Dienstag, 07.10.03 um 14:58 Uhr schrieb Andreas Thierer:

Hi,

i want to update my SuSE 8.2 / BIND 9.2 DNS-Server dynamically with
TSIG-Keys.
Is this possible, if the Client is behind a router?

The Netgear RP314 ADSL-Router, as an example, has a builtin
DynDNS-Client which
happens to work only with dyndns.org (they don't use TSIG-Keys for
authorisation).

Exist any routers which are able to handle custom dynDNS-servers with
TSIG-Keys?

Hi list,
If you own an old 486 or Pentium with two network Cards you can take a look at www.fli4l.de it´s a linux router project. i know fli is DynDNS (the service, not the company) ready, but i don´t know if it´s capable of using TSIG Keys.
I´m using it in our office and we encountered no Problems until now.

marco

Best regards and thanks for any help

Andy