Re: [suse-security] Solved ! RE: [suse-security] SuSe Firewall 2 - FW_HTB_TUNE_DEV ???

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 06:23:29PM +0200, Cees Tool wrote:

> Update after some tests:
> I have investigated data with "Ethereal", the online-update of Suse 8.2
> gets it's updates from pub/suse/i386/update/8.1/....

this is weird. I don't know exactly where where you have to look for the
wrong setting...
Was this 8.2 an updated 8.1 or did it change its identity by accident?

> So the update program was getting the wrong updates (8.1 instead of 8.2)
> all the time. This is probably also the answer of other minor problems
> with updating.
>
> Now the next thing is to find an updated version of "YOU" (yast online
> update), and I have to do this manually as the update-program can never
> find this.....  (Probably I am not the only one with this problem ;)

I never heard of a problem like that, but i also never do updates, i
always do fresh installs, just keeping my $HOME and /usr/local, which are
on different partitions/drives/machines.

you could give fou4s http://fou4s.gaugusch.at a try, it works fine for
me on many installations.

goot luck :-)

    Stefan
--
Stefan Seyfried

Senior Consultant community4you GmbH, Chemnitz, Germany.
http://www.community4you.de http://www.open-eis.com