RE: [suse-security] SuSEfirewall 2 configuration - computer name problem

Hi Andy,

Perhaps your settings in "/etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2" are not right.

#
# 9.)
.
.
.
# Common: smtp domain
FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP="ssh 139 ..."

# Common: domain
FW_SERVICES_EXT_UDP="domain 139 ..."
# Common: domain

#
# 12.)
.
.
.
# set to "yes" if this server is running a samba server. You still have to # open the tcp port 139 to allow remote access to SAMBA.
FW_SERVICE_SAMBA="yes"

#
# 22.)
# Allow/Ignore IP Broadcasts?
#
# If set to yes, the firewall will not filter broadcasts by default. # This is needed e.g. for Netbios/Samba, RIP, OSPF where the
broadcast # option is used. # If you do not want to allow them however ignore the annoying log entries, # set FW_IGNORE_FW_BROADCAST
to yes. # # Choice: "yes" or "no", if not set defaults to "no" # FW_ALLOW_FW_BROADCAST="yes" FW_IGNORE_FW_BROADCAST="yes"