Re: [suse-security] Strength and weaknesses of different encryption algorithems?

Hello Emmerich, hello list,

* Emmerich Eggler wrote on Oct/21/2003:

> Hello
>
> I've seen that there are recommandations of key lengths for different usage
> (private, corporate, government).
>
> There are certainly also recommondation of encryption algorithmens for
> different usage. Can someone point me to a webpage that covers this kind of
> questions?
>
> TIA
>
> Emmerich

For the german-speaking people, i've just today found a link on
www.dud.de (a good site about legal and institutional aspects of
data security). Apparently the BSI (bundesamt für sicherheit in der
informationstechnik) has published a "draft for a recommendation
concerning cipher algos" ... something like it:

http://www.bsi.bund.de/esig/basics/techbas/krypto/Bundesanzeiger_03_v2.pdf

HTHH,
Andreas

--