Re: [suse-security] Squid Update ?

> I have installed the following version on SuSE8.2:
>
> # rpm -q squid
> squid-2.5.STABLE1-63
>
> Now, I don?t see any Updates to this package offered by YOU, but when
> I look at
>
> ftp.suse.de:/pub/suse/i386/8.2/i586/squid-2.5.STABLE1-73.i586.rpm

impossible, you mean ftp.suse.com.

> There is a new package with version number -73 ?
>
> Does the ftp-distribution use different version-numbers than the CD
> distribution in general? Or am I missing something?

It doesn't, the packages are built from the same sources. But: The package
has been rebuilt between the making of the cd version and the ftp version,
even though there was no change. This happens with SUSE packages,
frequently, because a new build (due to a change) of a package that the
squid package depends on makes a recompilation of the depending package(s)
useful.

> The reason I was searching for squid in the first place was that I
> wanted to use NT/Samba User Groups for Authentication, but didn?t find
> a wb_group.sh or wb_group.pl or wbinfo_group.pl on my system.
>
> What is recommended to get this workingon SuSE8.2?
>
> I found a perl script at
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/squid/helpers/external_acl/wbinfo_group/wbinfo_group.pl
>
> and added the following line to squid.conf:
>
>  external_acl_type nt_group %LOGIN /usr/local/libexec/wbinfo_group.pl
>
> That does the job, but I am not sure if this is the best way?

Please simply try it out.

Thanks,
Roman.
--