[suse-security] Solved (?): mysql_connect: Access denied

Hello,
I think I fixed my problem with mysql. So in case someone runs into the same
troubles:
1) I found that the PHP-script was actually read: supplying some special
characters instead of the said parameters to mysql_connect() resulted in a
parse error at that line of the script.
2) However, sensible values seemed never to be  used for the connection
attempt. (PASSWORD: NO in the error message)

3)The trick was to switch off the   sql.safe_mode   in php.ini.
    (And that is not connected to the setting of php safe_mode )

Best regards,

Thomas