Re: Re[2]: [suse-security] Squid Update ?

Am Donnerstag, 23. Oktober 2003 17:04 schrieb André Sänger:
> Hello Roman,
>
> Thursday, October 23, 2003, 4:16:01 PM, you wrote:
> > impossible, you mean ftp.suse.com.
>
> Sorry, you´re right.
>
> > Please simply try it out.
>
> As I told I did that and it works. I just wondered if it was the
> proper way to do it.
>
> Although I found two external helpers to do the job
>
>   wbinfo_group           matches users to NT groups using wbinfo
>   winbind_group          matches users to NT groups using winbind
> direcly
>
> neither of them is included in the squid binary rpm.
>
> Just wondered if there was a reason for that (they are available in
> squid-2.5.STABLE1-63.src.rpm). Or maybe some other way SuSE thought
> of for that functionality.
>
> So I just tried using wbinfo_group.pl manually.
we are using this together with several Active directory server for
authentication, but i never found an rpm.
You have to compile a new version of squid (--with-ntlm-auth and
--with-wb_group or so...), install a recent samba version, start the
winbind server and try it out!
By far the trickiest parts were:
- entering the ad domain, receiving and keeping (even after ads reboot!)
a trusted position (vertrauensstellung, i don't know the english word)
[off-topic]
how did anybody else solve this? i'm not content with the skript we
have, because there's a password in it.
The Problem is after the ads server reboots, it forgets that the linux
host is a trusted host and therefore no auth data is being sent
anymore.
- finding the exact syntax for wb_group
- integrating the self-compiled squid in webmin for admin purposes.
however, it works, but it's not trivial.
enjoy!
markus

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen