Re: [suse-security] Probleme mit yppasswd

Thanks for your reply, Bob. I tried to restart it but it is still not working.

Is there any intermediate files that might be corrupted? (I tried it already with deleting all stuff in /var/yp/catnet, with no success). What file permissions do I need to have on my password files? How does yppasswdd know where to store its changed passwords?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Gordon.

Bob Vickers wrote:

Dear Gordon,

I saw that problem here. I don't know what causes it, but
 rcyppasswdd restart
on the NIS server fixed it