Re: Re[4]: [suse-security] Squid Update ?

Am Freitag, 24. Oktober 2003 09:48 schrieb André Sänger:
> Hello Markus,
>
> Thursday, October 23, 2003, 9:59:03 PM, you wrote:
> >> So I just tried using wbinfo_group.pl manually.
> >
> > we are using this together with several Active directory server for
> > authentication, but i never found an rpm.
> > You have to compile a new version of squid (--with-ntlm-auth and
> > --with-wb_group or so...), install a recent samba version, start
> > the winbind server and try it out!
> Would it be enough to just compile the wb_group stuff and use the
> wb_group binary with the standard squid?

No. AFAIK the support for this must be in the squid binary - (squid
folks correct me if I'm wrong!). I did _not_ find an rpm for squid with
this support.
Even though parts of it seems to work with some stuff from the suse
binary rpm of squid-beta, i cannot recommend this. it's to dirty a
hack!
The clean solution is:
configure, make, install squid and then do some symlinks, some editing
in startscripts and then it works.

> So that I could avoid
> self-compiling the whole thing every time there is a security-update?

Again: AFAIK - there's no other way around.

> Are there advantages to using the wb_group binary instead of
> wbinfo_group.pl (which doesn´t need an additional compile)?

Yes. the wbinfo_group.pl worked. the wb_group stuff never worked here.
wbinfo_group is a simple (even i can grasp it) perl skript, that just
does several wbinfo - xxx checks and combines them in order to get info
about group memberships. Have a look at it - it's really simple.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Markus Feilner