Re: [suse-security] Cannot access SuSE 9.0 through PuTTY

On Oct 27, Stefan Seyfried <seife@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 10:03:34AM +0300, Radu Voicu wrote:
> > Hi there!
> >
> > I am trying to access my machine at work with PuTTY (the latest version) and I keep obtaining "access denied"... though, I can connect from any machine running Linux... so... what's wrong in this picture? :)
>
> probably protocol 1 vs protocol 2
No, no, no. In this case it is just a new default value - password
authentication is disabled on SuSE 9.0. Due to still active pam (keyboard
interactive)  authentication mechanism, it works from linux clients, but
not from windows clients like putty. (I already wrote that some days ago).
Please don't post inappropriate guesses if the right answer was already
posted.

Markus