Re: Re[6]: [suse-security] Squid Update ?

Am Montag, 27. Oktober 2003 17:18 schrieb André Sänger:
> Hello Markus,
>
> Monday, October 27, 2003, 2:14:10 PM, you wrote:
> > Yes. the wbinfo_group.pl worked. the wb_group stuff never worked
> > here. wbinfo_group is a simple (even i can grasp it) perl skript,
> > that just does several wbinfo - xxx checks and combines them in
> > order to get info about group memberships. Have a look at it - it's
> > really simple.
>
> Now I´ve run into a problem - I configured ntlm authentication and an
> allowed domain group.
>
> Works so far with http:// URLs, but as soon as it comes to https://
> access is blocked when I use IE5.5SP2. Using IE6SP1 or Firebird it
> works.
>
> Did you get this combination to work? IE5.5SP2, NTLM & HTTPS ?
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  André                            mailto:Andre.Saenger@xxxxxx

Well, at least i was not informed about any problems with these
clients... I guess these clients are used, but they seem to work.
perhaps it's not about ntlm, but the other rules in your squid.conf?
have a look at the "port" entries ...

BTW:
1 ) it#s a great thing to combine the ntlm/wb... auth with other rules,
so you can allow/deny urls (only) to groupmembers, and much more!
2) the whole thing combined with sarg and dansguardian - wow!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Markus Feilner