[suse-security] Problems with secure socket layer on email server.

I am fairly new to linux and suse but I am trying to set up 8.2 pro as a
mail server.  I have recieved all of the updates.  and found this in the
documentation to create forward listeners

ssl -L 25:myserver:25 myserver
ssl -L 110:myserver:110 myserver

I had to shudown my pop3 server to get the 110 port to allow that and I
started it back up.   I get the following mesage in outlook from a pc
internal to the network

The connection to the server has failed.
Account: 'redmail.redoakhealthcare.com',
Server: 'redmail.redoakhealthcare.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure
(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Etherreal from both machines shows 3 queries and acks

In the mail log I get

command stream end of file while user=??? host=thehostIamrunningoutlook on
and its ip address.

I would appreciate any help

--
Absolute Internet Services (http://www.aiserve.net)