[suse-security] SHELL=/bin/false but user can still log in

Hi List,

I have an problem with my SuSe 8.2 installation with all current security patches applied.
If I enter /bin/false as login shell in the /etc/passwd the user can still login and gets shell
access. After rebooting the system the shell entry in the /etc/passwd is processed correct
and  a login attempt is closed as you would expect. Other entries like home dir in the passwd
are parsed correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards
Daniel