Re: [suse-security] YOU Woes

Hi,

the suggest is, that SuSE is not willing
to support United-Linux-Installations of SLES.

Check:
http://sdb.suse.de//youfix/i386/update/

(That much about "United-Linux")

Although SuSE should do the Support.
see:
http://www.unitedlinux.com/

The four partner companies in UnitedLinux LLC - Conectiva, the SCO Group, SuSE Linux and Turbolinux -- continue to support products powered by UnitedLinux Version 1.0 and customers deploying these products.

UnitedLinux LLC is a private company equally owned by the four partners. The partners make all decisions regarding the future of UnitedLinux and the UnitedLinux product and will issue announcements from time to time, as appropriate. Those announcements will be posted on the UnitedLinux Web site.

Please refer to partner company Web sites for additional details and company comments: Conectiva; the SCO Group; SuSE Linux; and Turbolinux.

Greetings
        Dirk

Sturgis, Grant schrieb:

Greetings All,

I am having a problem with YOU that I hope someone here can help me with.  Essentially, whenever I run YOU I get the error:

Initialization failed. Try again.
If failure continues, choose
another SuSE FTP/HTTP server.

I tried to get help from SuSE (we have support) some time ago, and they told me that I have UnitedLinux installed and not SLES.  Silly me, I thought they were one and the same.  Anyway, I can see the request going through our proxy server and the response is a 404 error:

1067289521.691    390 10.10.10.200 TCP_MISS/200 217 GET http://sdb.suse.de//youfix/ - DIRECT/195.135.220.8 text/html
1067289522.167    423 10.10.10.200 TCP_MISS/404 561 GET http://sdb.suse.de//youfix/i386/update/UnitedLinux/1.0/patches/directory.3 - DIRECT/195.135.220.8 text/html

I have downloaded and installed the newest (I think) version of YOU:  yast2-online-update-2.6.16-0

Any ideas / suggestions / pointers / advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Grant

information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify the
sender  of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by