Re: [suse-security] Re: Metainformationen in Dokumenten als Sicherheitsrisiko- auch unter Linux?

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 17:07, miguel wrote:

> I am sorry, but this list is meant to be in English... any chance to
> know what was the discussion about? :-)

I haven't been following it closely, but it seems to center around the fact
that documents with self-contained metadata can cause a security issue, as
described on the highlighted web site.

(This is especially true when a document contains the change & markup history.
much to the chagrin of companies like SCO whose legal interaction with a
customer was proven to have been switched.)

Verrrrry loosely paraphrased:  the specific question is whether the metadata,
change and markup history are found in OOorg software as well.  The response
is that "it's long been known that documents contain more info than is
visible on the screen"  and also, the PDF version includes the author's name,
etc.

HTH
/Hans