Re: [suse-security] Disable login for x minutes after x failed logins?

Dirk Schreiner wrote on Fri, 03 Sep 2004 14:58:28 +0200:

> Short Shot
>
> man faillog

Thanks, good shot, but not exactly in the black :-)

The problems I have with it:

1. I can't disable temporarily

2. it seems it only works for console logins? So, won't work at all for my
purpose.

3. I have it on some systems, but on others /var/log/faillog is missing
although login.defs is the same and FAILLOG_ENAB activated. login.defs
would also have nice options like FAIL_DELAY and LOGIN_RETRIES, but they
don't seem to get used by PAM or also only for console logins.

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany