Re: [suse-security] apache problem very urgent

On Monday 06 September 2004 15:04, Peter Wiersig wrote:
> Ramchandra Dhupkar wrote:
> >  So help me to solve out this problem as early as possible.
>
> Create empty files. The non existing files cause more filesystem
> lookups.

I was thinking of a solution along the lines of using iptables' --string to
spot the packets looking for the filenames, then sending anything from that
source IP address to a tarpit. If it could be made to work that would stop
the problem. :o) I don't have time to try the idea out though... :o(