[suse-security] Bad quality of updates from SuSE ftp server

Just read "Bad quality of updates from SuSE ftp server" and now I
understand what went wrong to my suse 9.0 update via YOU. Thank you all.

However, I need some quidance on what to do next. I am left with "kernel
panic: VFS can not mount root fs on 08:02".
I managed with rescue to mount boot but I am not sure if I can undo the
2.4.21-243-athlon image to the previous version of 2.4.21-99-athlon?

please any advise is much appreciated.

-Savvas