Re: [suse-security] SUSE 9.0 Pro Production Quality?

I guess I can jump in on this. I run 4 machines in my room, and I also am the
admin for my Mom's machine. A lot of you can say what you want for that, but
I've had no break ins, and very good uptime. On a SUSE 8.2 Professional
machine I had 66 days uptime until I needed to reboot for a Kernel update. I
run FTP servers on two Linux boxes, one was SUSE 8.2 and the other is 9.1,
and it takes a lot from me. I can generate 3 GBs of traffic over just two
boxes in one day backing up MP#s and movies I have on my machines. Just in
MP3s, I have like 20 GBS of them, and I sent those across pureFTPd on SUSE
9.1 in one night including 30 GBs of movies.

I also put them into my DMZ so I can access them from school, and I've yet to
have a break in, or a problem. Other boxes on this LAN:

2 Windows 2000 Professional machines, 3 XP home Edition, because I refuse to
pay an extra hundred dollars for 3 networking tools I can download, 2 Free
BSD machines, 3 Slackware machine, SUSE 8.1 8.2 and 9.1 Professional,
and...Hmm that's about it unless I get bored and put DOS on something.

I've had a computer for 4 years now and I can use allof those. I used to have
a BeOS machine too but it's gone.