Re: [suse-security] SUSE 9.0 Pro Production Quality?

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:22:21 +0200
Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The focus of SUSE Professional are experienced (home and development)
> users.
>
> If you need business strength software for production use, SUSE Linux
> Enterprise Server is more suited for you.
>
> Ciao, Marcus

Yep.. that's why I use SuSe Linux Professional in production environment
since version 7.0. Sometimes I find a release less suitable for
production purposes (for example this was the case with 7.3 and 9.0.. I
did not try the 9.1 yet).
I had to possibility to test SLES 8 for iSeries and pSeries (which was
made on the basis of v8.1 I think) and the result was satisfying.
I am planning to write an article about SLES 8 PPC in a Unix related
hungarian news site. I did it for the SuSE Linux Professional PPC 7.3.
The computer in question was an IBM RS/6000 7025-F50 Server.

Regards,