RE: [suse-security] two issues: sshd error messages and adaptec scsi card lack of stability

Yup, I believe so:
passwd:     files nis
shadow:     files nis
group:      files nis

although we are not providing shadow information from NIS, the only shadow
passwd is actually that of root on the workstation.

Mike Rose