Re: [suse-security] connecting 2 machine via internet

Hi Giovanni,

> client (192.168.0.x) ----- NAT/ADSL(Router static ip) ---- Server
> (Suse9.1pro with static IP)
>
> My final purpose is to be able to login on the client suse box.

--> One way to do this would be to make the client connect to the
server by SSH and tunnel the port 5900 from the client to the
server port 5901. Then setup a VNC server on the client. If you
connect with "vncviewer" on the server to port 5901, you will get the
screen of the client.

> I also would like to support multiple clients and the connection
> on client side should be established without user intervention.

For multiple client, tunnel port client1:5900 to server:5901,
client2:5900 to server:5902, ...

The vncserver can be started at boot-time via the /etc/init.d
scripts. I would make a custom startup script /etc/init.d/MyStartUp
to initiate the SSH connection and check in regular intervals whether
the connection is still running. If it has been broken due to
re-connection of the ADSL router, the SSH connection has to be
re-established.

HTH,
Armin

--
Am Hasenberg 26         office: Institut für Atmosphärenphysik
D-18209 Bad Doberan             Schloss-Straße 6