Re: [suse-security] connecting 2 machine via internet

Quoting Giovanni Racciu <gracciu@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I need to establish a secure connection between 2 machines (running
> Suse9.1pro) via Internet. I have a server machine, with a static ip
> address while the client is behind a modem/router/ADSL which has its own
> static/dynamic IP and performs NAT translation.
>
> client (192.168.0.x) ----- NAT/ADSL(Router static ip) ---- Server
> (Suse9.1pro with static IP)
>
> My final purpose is to be able to login on the client suse box.
> I also would like to support multiple clients and the connection
> on client side should be established without user intervention.
>
> I am evaluating vtun a the moment. Do you have any suggestion ?
> Thanks

OpenVPN is what you want.  It's on the SuSE cd's, and
http://openvpn.sourceforge.net/ for help setting it up.  It's pretty simple.
The static side listens while the dynamic side connects and a secure tunnel
socket is created.  Route everything through the tunnel, and you're good to go.
 Everything sent over the tunnel is SSL encrypted.

I use for securing wireless networks.