[suse-security] Re: FreeSWAN: Win2k ok, XP fails [SOLVED]

Hi,

it's always a good idea to solve your own problems.

Here's the small list of things I made wrong and which obviously made the
difference between win2k and win xp as a FreeSWAN-Client:

1. The time of validity for the client certificate should be between the
validity of the certificate of the CA.

2. Don't use strange characters like '&'  in the DN.

3. The DN of the CA must be different from the DN of the gateway.

Hope this prevents someone to waste hours like I did.

Bye,

Stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus
Stefan-Michael Günther